Re: European and Scandinavian wildlife/soundscape recordings needed!

Subject: Re: European and Scandinavian wildlife/soundscape recordings needed!
From: "im_rawes" im_rawes
Date: Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:09 am ((PST))
Thanks ever so much Vicki - and also, thank you for your very helpful mic
comparison recordings, which have set me on the path of saving up for a pair of
AT 4022s.

London 12,000 years actually is quite a tough one to address. That part of the
world was still in the depths of the Younger Dryas reglaciation. So there would
have been a tundra environment, but at a lower latitude and longer growing
season than most of those existing today. Perhaps Alpine tundra is the closest
we can get.

But boreal and broadleaf forests with animals like bears, wild boar and wolves
still exist in parts of Europe and Scandinavia today, although of course
they've been affected by human activity to a much greater extent.

Best wishes,
Ian