Subject: Summary: [Nature Recordists] Re: EIN values and bits and peaks
From: Raimund <>
Eric Benjamin wrote:  You don't have to pull out your calculus
> text book because I just did the calculation.
>
> for white noise in a 48 kHz bandwidth, A weighting reduces the measuremen=
t by
> 2.72 dB
> for pink noise in a 48 kHz bandwidth, A weighting reduces the measurement=
 by
> 3.70 dB

Thanks for that. But do you really mean a bandwidth of 48 kHz? I ask that
because I thought that the A-weighting curve is not defined for frequencies=

above 20 kHz and if it was defined, then the attenuation should be quite st=
rong
at the (inaudible) ultrasonic frequencies above 20 kHz, wich should then le=
ad to
a significantly larger reduction than 2.7 or 3.7 dB. So, maybe you meant a=

sample rate of 48 kHz or a bandwidth of 22 kHz?

Regards,
Raimund