3. Re: If a tree falls in the forest

Subject: 3. Re: If a tree falls in the forest
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:36 pm ((PST))
> I'm curious how you handled the security of your equipment on the day. So=
me places it would disappear as soon as you turned your back. Perhaps it ju=
st wasn't that sort of place?

Muir Woods is public and quite popular, but I have often left my 4-channel =
rigs making dawn recordings on trails there. I hear early-morning joggers c=
lomping by, and now and then people stop to discuss what it might be. I lea=
ve headphones with the rig so they can pick them up and listen, but I don't=
 think anyone ever has.

I'm thinking of making small trailside signs (like "wet floor" signs) that =
say something like "Entering soundscape recording area, quiet please. No pr=
ivacy." and have my research permit number on them.

Yesterday we positioned the MS mic down in the creekbed, off-trail where pe=
ople don't go, and manned the table where the recorders were.

Pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=3Da.10151383802595844.542542.7667058=
43

-Dan