EIN values for LS10-11 on Avisoft

Subject: EIN values for LS10-11 on Avisoft
From: "Chris Harrison" lamprophis1963
Date: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 pm ((PST))
Raimund (or anyone else),

I was just looking over that table on avisoft and I noticed something about
the LS-10/11 values.

A few weeks ago I posted a query about when/why to use the LS-10/LS-11 with
the sensitivity on low and the gain on 10.

Several people responded that this produced less noise than when using the
high sensitivity setting.

However, looking at your chart, I see the LS-10/11 scores as follows:

SENSE HIGH, LEVEL 10 = -122 dBu

SENSE LOW, LEVEL 10 = -113 dBu

Does this not suggest that the recorder is generating less noise at high
sensitivity than low?

Am I reading this wrong?

I am an uninformed novice at this, but I thought smaller numbers (more
negative) were better for an EIN reading.

Chris Harrison

San Antonio, TX, USA