Various recordings made in the Bolivian Amazon

Subject: Various recordings made in the Bolivian Amazon
From: "Daan Hendriks" daan_humanworkshop
Date: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:06 pm ((PST))
Hello all,

About a year ago I spent a few weeks in Bolivia, where I recorded lots of
various ambient and wildlife sounds, mostly in the Amazon. I finally found
the time to put a selection of these recordings online.

My gear consisted of Sennheiser MKH8040+MKH30 in MS configuration,
recording at 96khz/24 bit into a Tascam DR680, and a Sony D50. I recorded
mostly with the D50 as I had only limited time, so usually the recordings
were unplanned and on the spot, during hikes. I made a lot of mistakes and
almost entirely screwed up some recordings, but it was a good learning
experience - it was the first time for me that I visited the Amazon, let
alone try to record there.

The bigger kit (the MKHs) was used whenever I had either some proper time
to walk around for the sole purpose of recording, or when I picked a spot
to I record overnight. I did a fair few dusk to down recordings (about 12
hours each) but as it turns out, there was hardly any interesting sounds at
night in the Amazon. Or at least not at the places I picked. Maybe it also
had something to do with the time of the year (December), I'm not sure.

So, all of the recordings listed below were made either at dawn, daytime,
or dusk, and in almost all occasions as I was hiking. Hope you enjoy! For
me it was a fantastic experience, and I will certainly do more of these
kind of exotic recording trips in the future - just need a little bit of
money and some time ..

Part 1 - Frogs
http://daanhendriks.co.uk/blog/recordings-from-the-bolivian-amazon-part-1-f=
rogs