Re: New Olympus LS Recorders

Subject: Re: New Olympus LS Recorders
From: "John Crockett" naturalcontemplative
Date: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 am ((PDT))
The other noticeable difference between the LS-07 and the LS-12/14 is that the
12/14 have a line input, which the LS-07 does not.

The gain wheel on my LS-11 never leaves "10" for the reasons frequently
discussed on this list, so the lack of a physical gain wheel matters little to
me. The volume wheel on my LS-11 is so stiff and small I can't turn it easily,
so I would welcome a digital volume control instead.

I am pretty happy with the LS-11 despite some quirks. I especially like the
playback features of the LS-11 which make it very easy to use in live
presentations. It remains to be seen whether this new pair can match it in
terms of sound quality.

John