Re: Making a parabola

Subject: Re: Making a parabola
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:43 pm ((PDT))
Sorry to say, you can forget a lot of what was called "professional
standards". They are not there even on todays "professional" gears, sometim=
es.

The question was why a base filter could not be applied in post
production and the answer was that the signal then already would be
clipped, perhaps.
That is an important thing to know.

I think many of the modern recorders work great for us naturesound
recordists, but one has to learn about every model, one by one, and
not go on any established standards.
I wish there were meaningful block-diagrams available on the
different consumer recorders.

Klas