3. Re: Miniature Pseudo-SASS Array

Subject: 3. Re: Miniature Pseudo-SASS Array
From: "Graham Meadows" gjmeadows
Date: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:51 am ((PDT))
Hi All

I follow this thread with interest as i to have built a half size
'SASS' type array, guessing at the dimensions (with a solid nose).
Having looked at the patent for the crown sass, it appears that the
boundary plates extend further into the 'nose' than anyone has
suggested meaning that the mic's are nearer to the centre of the plate
than the edge.
If this is the case then how much, if any, difference does this make to
the polar pattern? also what effect does the dimensions of the plate
have on the frequency response etc? Do these plates 'Resonate'
according to the dimensions?

I have no equipment other than the vu meter on my recorder to do any
testing

Graham Meadows
North East England