5. Re: Miniature Pseudo-SASS Array

Subject: 5. Re: Miniature Pseudo-SASS Array
From: "mipartitus" mipartitus
Date: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 pm ((PDT))
--- In  "rock_scallop" <> w=
rote:

> If you haven't skimmed the original Billingsley patent yet, it may be wor=
th a read - though probably still won't answer your question about the nose=
 shape.
> A web search finds it here:
> http://www.ptodirect.com/Results/Patents?query=3DPN/4658932

That is very interesting info John, thanks!

Peter was recently wondering about what Crown would think about people copy=
ing their design, and this got me somewhat interested in the legal conseque=
nces as well. I see in the patent description that its date is 02-18-1987. =
I know next to nothing about patent matters, but read somewhere that US Pat=
ents last "in general" 20 years. Does anyone know more about this? Is this =
invention now in the public domain?

Best, Gabriel