2. Re: Miniature Pseudo-SASS Array

Subject: 2. Re: Miniature Pseudo-SASS Array
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:31 pm ((PDT))
On Aug 13, 2012, at 10:48 AM, Mike Rooke wrote:

> "> In each mic, two capsules, one above the other, are windowed into a sm=
all cylinder. That boundary creates a smooth rather broad band of boost in =
the "presence" range."

> =3D=3D Interference tube

No, I must not have made my description sufficiently clear. Imagine a small=
 cylinder positioned vertically. Then cut two round windows in it one above=
 the other, seal mic capsules into them. No resonator, the interior of the =
cylinder is not part of the acoustical system. It's a boundary effect, like=
 the ball adaptor that's sold to make a presence boost with DPA omni mics:

http://www.dpamicrophones.com/en/products.aspx?c=3Ditem&category=3D276&item=
=3D24249

-Dan