7. Re: Miniature Pseudo-SASS Array

Subject: 7. Re: Miniature Pseudo-SASS Array
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:07 pm ((PDT))
David, the first time I heard it, I thought it was that different
frequencies of the bird song was reflected differently, by branches and roc=
ks.
It can be really bad, even at low frequencies. A car passing by the
set-up, might sound like it is coming from the left, driving up
almost to the center, then moving backwards a few meters before
"jumping" to the right channel. In such a case, the sound picture
describes a moving process that never took place!
Had it been a question of reflections, for example from my house, I
would have had such effects also with the SSM, but never.

Klas.