9. Re: artifact in spectrogram created using Raven

Subject: 9. Re: artifact in spectrogram created using Raven
From: "rock_scallop" rock_scallop
Date: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 am ((PDT))
Here is another idea no one has mentioned yet.
According to a spec sheet I web searched, the PMD-680 recorded in MP2 not M=
P3.
http://databank.musicpeopleinc.com/specsheets/28359.pdf

Could there be an issue if MP2 is not converted to MP3 properly?

John Hartog
rockscallop.org

--- In  Klas Strandberg <> wrot=
e:

> Hi Gabriel,
>
> I=B4m sorry that I jumped on you! I had to start somewhere. I totally
> agree with the fact that MP3 is poorer than wav. But for Petes sake -
> HOW poor??
>
> Is there any setting that you can do on a PMD-680 that cuts
> everything over 6k and creates clearly audible reverb and echo??
>
> Klas.
>

> At 18:11 2012-07-18, you wrote:
> >--- In  Klas Strandberg <telinga@> wrot=
e:

> > > Sorry, but I have to straighten this thread out for myself:
> > >
> > > Gabriel says: Even though people have said these are bad recordings,
> > > and I said you will run into trouble in peer review later for
> > using MP3.......
> > >
> > > Are you saying that Lauras files sound the way they do because it's M=
P3??