10. Re: R-44 issue-geek reply

Subject: 10. Re: R-44 issue-geek reply
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:45 pm ((PDT))
thanks.

in that case I remain somewhat puzzled - the Roland recorders aren't cheap =
& tacky units. Why they should have not such good design is odd indeed.

--- In  "Raimund" <> wrot=
e:

> > Hi Raimund,
> >
> > perhaps, at least to answer some of the frustration & puzzlement about =
this issue, could you let us all know if any other recorders at the pro-sum=
er or entry level have the same kind of issues

> No, I still have not tested any other recorder regarding that issue...
>
> > & more to the point perhaps, why even if they do they appear to be able=
 to handle the DPA's ok ? thats the bit I can't get my head round.

> Other recorders obviously have more carefully designed phantom power supp=
lies.

> I have currently no access to the original phantom power DIN or IEC speci=
fications, but I guess that it is allowed that the phantom power supply car=
ries a certain amount of ripple (may be up to 1 mV). If that was true, then=
 the Roland recorders would probably still satisfy the standard. I just rea=
d about these things on the Schoeps website (there is obviously no English =
version):