1. Re: beginner needs help with recording

Subject: 1. Re: beginner needs help with recording
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:31 am ((PDT))
Hi,

fyi, Reaper has the best conversion & rendering paths apparently, better th=
an audacity & on a par with most (& better than quite a few) of the suites =
costing hundreds.

minidisc recorders: actually, some of the Sony Hi-Md's are capable of very =
good results. They do have fairly quiet inputs.

--- In  "DIANE" <> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion Scott...just took a look at it..pretty awesome!
> Diane
>
> --- In  Scott Fraser <scottbfraser@> wro=
te:

> > <<another poster here has suggested Audacity, which is ok & free, but a=
 better option would be Reaper, as this has the ability for you to adjust e=
q & other processing stages while the track is playing rather than the syst=
em audacity uses which doesn't allow for rolling adjustments. Reaper is a l=
ow cost licence program ($60 I think) but you can 'review' it for as long a=
s you want. >>

> > And I'll throw another free contender into the ring, which is PreSonus'=
 Studio One Free. I haven't spent any considerable time with it since I hav=
e a pro DAW for all my serious work, but my sense of it is that it's MUCH m=
ore user friendly & intuitive than Audacity, which never made much sense to=
 me. Coming from the standpoint of having spent the last 12 years in daily =
heavy use of Digital Performer, I find Studio One is a user experience I ca=
n readily wrap my head around. And it's free.