Fwd: [Nature Recordists] Is an ipad the future portable recording?

Subject: Fwd: [Nature Recordists] Is an ipad the future portable recording?
From: "Mark" seoulgypsy
Date: Sat Jun 2, 2012 11:11 am ((PDT))
The link was wrong in the last post ...here is the mic function on the iPad=
.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DcWVXsNJEL0M&feature=3Dyoutube_gdata_pla=
yer

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Mark <>
> Date: June 3, 2012 12:55:59 AM GMT+07:00
> To: "" <>
> Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Is an ipad the future portable recording=
?

> Hi Jon,
>
> The video below shows how to use a $35 camera connection kit  and a usb t=
o line in connector to use with almost any mic you wanted on the iPad. I im=
agine even a Neumann U87 could be connected as long as you externally power=
ed it. On the software note, tons of recording applications ... $5 Garageba=
nd for iPad is a music production app, although it can be easily adapted to=
 work with nature recording. Nanostudio is another option as with Ministudi=
o. I'm not positive about bit rates, although I am pretty sure Garageband a=
nd Nano have 16/44 wav going on.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DazjhW9hsQBw&feature=3Dyoutube_gdata_play=
er

> Peace Out,
>
> Mark
>

> On Jun 2, 2012, at 3:13 PM, "Raimund" <> wrot=
e:

>> < I would be more interested in editing software. If something with the =
capabilities of Audacity was available for iPads then I'd consider getting =
one. >

>> Peter,
>>
>> I think we can expect a number of new Windows-based tablet PCs (in size =
similar to the iPad) once Windows 8 has been launched this fall.

>> These tablets will run any Windows application, including Audacity. Most=
 of the conventional Windows applications are however not suited very well =
for touch screen operation. The free Avisoft-SASLab Lite (and Pro) software=
 (http://www.avisoft.com/downloads.htm) alreay provides a number of optimiz=
ations for touch screen operation.

>> Such Windows 8 tablets should also be able to operate BUS-powered USB au=
dio interfaces directly without additional external power supplies.

>> Regards,
>> Raimund

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional