Re: The Brinnibox

Subject: Re: The Brinnibox
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:09 am ((PDT))
> my question is, in you article you said the place where is the micro
> must be sealed, is it very important and why?

Jose,

There are two reasons. To get a good back rejection you need to screen
off sounds from the rear. The other reason comes from the theory of
how a horn works, The back end or "throat" is a high pressure area
which is why you get amplification. If this sound pressure can leak
past the mic, it will not give the best gain. With brass musical
instruments this works the other way around, but you have to keep your
lips sealed against the mouthpiece.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce