Re: The Brinnibox

Subject: Re: The Brinnibox
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:29 am ((PDT))
There are quite a few variations of this kind of design around actually. I =
think I remember that there used to be a commercially manufactured one some=
 time ago that would have been patented. I'll dig through the archives & se=
e if I can find a reference to it.

--- In  "Mike Rooke" <> wrote:

> Looks like a standard tripple boundary doubled / corner reflector aka the=
 pyramid:) - known art.

> "In early 1979, during one of the Syn-Aud-Con seminars, Farrell Becker su=
ggested using more than
> one boundary for PZMs. So we taped three pieces of base-plate together wi=
th gaffer's tape, and
> loosely mounted a PZM cantilever and capsule in the corner (Figure 1)"
>
> http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/mics/memo22yr.pdf
>
> Nice to see the duck tape, have you tried various boundary materials such=
 as fleece in the middle or sides? - Corrugated plastic is also nice and ea=
sy to work with but due to it being so light it may cause some additional n=
oise from the plastic.

> Theres many things to try with a setup like this, plastic hole material (=
plastic canvas) in the top to boost high frequencies giving more of an "up"=
 cue. etc. - acoustic lenses all possible.