Targets of Opportunity - With an LS-10

Subject: Targets of Opportunity - With an LS-10
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:18 pm ((PDT))
During my recent visit to Elmhausen (see earlier post) I was given two oppo=
rtunities to quickly grab recordings thanks having an LS-10 (with its built=
-in cardioid mics) in the hand.

The first was when walking up a wooded hill, to the main recording site, I =
came across several (3?) woodpeckers drumming to each other

http://soundcloud.com/g0sbw/duelling-woodpeckers

The second was when coming down the same hill I saw and heard a buzzard sat=
 at the top of a large Beech tree overlooking a valley

http://soundcloud.com/g0sbw/buzzard.

OK, so these are not great recordings but I am pleased to have been able to=
 get them. Isn't the LS-10 brilliant for these sort of opportunities?

Cheers, TomR