Re: Sound Devices MixPre-D

Subject: Re: Sound Devices MixPre-D
From: "Michael Raphael"
Date: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:30 am ((PDT))
If you look at the specifications on the website they are slightly different.
They do not have the same input transformers nor do they have the same limiter.
I spoke to my dealer about this around AES and and had the opportunity to
listen to both. I would suggest visiting a dealer or getting a demo to check
out.

I found the Mix-Pre to be a bit warmer and      i found the limiter a bit more
pleasing. It had more of a "slower" "creamy" vibe, whereas the new Mix Pre is
faster and more in line with the 552 or & series recorders.

M.