3. Re: Sony PCM-D50?

Subject: 3. Re: Sony PCM-D50?
From: "Paul Willison" wolfen49508
Date: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 pm ((PDT))
Given the limiting nature of built in mics on any hand held unit, will it r=
eally make much difference from one to another as far as stereo imaging goe=
s though? =C2=A0 =C2=A0I imagine none of them can even approach the image o=
f a decently designed external set up. =C2=A0 In my case, I'm more trying t=
o document species in an area, so while a great stereo image would be nice=
=C2=A0aesthetically=C2=A0, the clean sound from the mics is likely more imp=
ortant. =C2=A0 That said, I picked up an LS-7 recently, and was pleasantly=
=C2=A0surprised=C2=A0by the onboard mics...so I'm betting I'd not be=C2=A0d=
isappointed=C2=A0by slightly lower quality of the D50 anyway.