Re: Superbowl commercial for Bridgestone features parabolic mic

Subject: Re: Superbowl commercial for Bridgestone features parabolic mic
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Tue Feb 7, 2012 10:17 am ((PST))
> The person in the advt. seems to be handholding and moving it up and down
> to the level of the basket ball. Price wise it is costlier than the
> Telinga.

It was an actor...

> I am wondering whether the person in the advt. was using a Lil' Ears as t=
he
> minimum distance is 3 feet and in case of Big Ears it is 5 feet. The
> Parabola size for Big Ears is 23 inch.

following directions from the director who probably knew nothing about the =
system and didn't care anyway--it was a prop, not working equipment. The mi=
c was way out of focus.

> How do you find its performance?

Just feeling the weight made me stop right there. If you're working out of =
a truck and have a tripod to hold it, maybe. But the big rectangular dish d=
oesn't appear to have a tripod mount.

-Dan