Re: ice booming in Yosemite

Subject: Re: ice booming in Yosemite
From: "jasonpudd" jasonpudd
Date: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 pm ((PST))
Dan,

This is wonderful!

I want to understand the physics of the delay issue with the hydrophones.  I
assume that the delay would be best for the seperatation of the mics to mimic
the delay time in air.  So, if the speed in air is 343 m/s and the speed in
fresh water is 1497 m/s then the correct seperation would be 4.36x the correct
spacing in air?  That would be about 74cm for the hydrophones?  Have I got this
right and will you get closer to the sound imaging we are used to?

Cheers,

Jason