1. Re: Nature recordists group

Subject: 1. Re: Nature recordists group
From: "Volker Widmann" volwid
Date: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:30 am ((PST))
Hi Peter,

I totally agree!
Listening to lets say a 24 hour recording is not really feasable.
The only way to get an overview of such a recording is by looking a the spe=
ctral graphics of it.
I have been using Adobe Audition for years and I could not do without it. W=
ith a little practice you can easily identify the interesting bits of a rec=
ording by just looking at the spectral graphics. This saves a lot of time.
And it is a great thing to find that one perfect coyote howl in the middle =
of a 3 hour file.

Volker