Re: Winter sounds

Subject: Re: Winter sounds
From: "giancarlo grande" cineparallax
Date: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:02 pm ((PDT))
Dear Eric,

I am in Chicago and I am looking for winter sounds, as I wrote you and the
Nature recordists group a few weeks ago.
As you suggested, probably at the Chicago Phonograpy, World Listening
Project and Midwest Society for Acoustic Ecology could help me. How can I
contact them? Do you have any sound that could help? Or do you know somebody
that made this kind of recordings?

Thanks and hope to talk to you soon.

Best,

Giancarlo
My US cell nr is

312 927 2975

Giancarlo Grande
Head of Production
Cineparallax.com

2011/10/12 Eric Leonardson <>

> **
>

> Mitty played excerpts of that radio piece in Joensuu, Finland last year.
>
> Also, several of us who started the Chicago Phonography, the World
> Listening Project, and Midwest Society for Acoustic Ecology live in Chicago.
> We do field recording, and some may have sounds of ice, snow, etc.
>
> Eric Leonardson
>
> Mobile: 773-342-5012
>

> On Oct 12, 2011, at 9:42 AM, Bernie Krause <>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes. Several years ago, for German radio (WDR), R. Murray Schafer,
> > father of the soundscape concept and word, recorded a commission
> > titled "Winter Diary." Since Schafer lives near Toronto off of Lake
> > Ontario, a kind of midwestern habitat similar to that of Chicago, all
> > (or most) of the types of soundscape clips you are looking for can be
> > found in that composition. More to your question, Schafer may even
> > have the original recorded samples from which his lovely piece was
> > made. He does not have email or a phone. But if you will contact me
> > off-line I will provide a way to reach him.
> >
> > Bernie Krause
> >
> > On Oct 12, 2011, at 7:29 AM, Giancarlo wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I've just finished the production of a documentary in Chicago about
> > > the relationship between music in the 90ies and the architecture and
> > > space in the Windy City.
> > > We've shot during the winter period (what an ici experience!!!) and
> > > we're looking for new sound experiences about ice, snow, winter wind
> > > (we've shot during the great blizard!!! But sound is no good...),
> > > frozen lake, footsteps in the snow and on ice and everything that is
> > > related to the Chicago winter.
> > >
> > > Is anybody able to help?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Giancarlo