Re: Entry Level Sound Recorder Purchasing Advice?

Subject: Re: Entry Level Sound Recorder Purchasing Advice?
From: "Gianni Pavan" gptrekking
Date: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:37 am ((PDT))
The main requirement for a nature sounds recorder is to be low noise.

If you don't need XLR with Phantom power I would suggest the SONY M10. Grea=
with its own microphones for ambient recordings, you may need to connect
external PIP microphones (or self powered microphones) to be more
directional.
For future developments, if you need external microphones for far subjects,
I would suggest a Telinga parabola or a battery powered Senneheiser K6/ME66=
.

If you need XLR with phantom powering, I think the best (quietest) choice i=
the Fostex FR2LE. Of course you need to add the cost of external
microphones.

Gianni

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=E0 degli Studi di Pavia