1. Hello

Subject: 1. Hello
From: "Ivo Vicic" sl.1200
Date: Thu Oct 6, 2011 12:54 am ((PDT))
Hello Naturerecordists,
my name is Ivo Vicic and I'm a passionate nature lover. My hometown is
Rijeka, Republic of Croatia (Europe) in which I living today. As I spent
 very much of my life outdoor I started to record outdoor sounds very
spontaneously using Sony MD and Sony mic ECM MS907 which I borrowed from
 Radio station on which I have worked those days.=C2=A0 Also I have used
other field gear as Marantz PMD70 and some Sennheiser mics (not MKHs) in
 XY pattern as well as some handy recorders like Marantz PMD620 and=C2=A0 M=

audio microtrack, but I'm not so impressed with handy recorders at all.
Today I use Sound Devices Mix pre and M audio microtrack II as a storage
 device with AKG blue line mics in MS or NOS, AB, or ORTF pattern. I
find AKGs nice to record water, wind and other similar geophony sounds
but they are not so good for quiet sounds (Sensitivity 10 mV/Pa), but I
just order a pair of MKHs to get my work on a next level (-:
I like to record every nature sound I can get but I'm particularly
interested to record different species and ambiance. I also use some of
my field recordings in my music production (under alias AREXX). You can
hear (and see) here my music if you like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1QKFbjeFGf0&feature=3Drelated
I'm also interested to learn more about field recording and to
contribute this group so thank you to make me a member of
Naturerecordist groups!
Best regards,
Ivo Vicic