Re: noisy 8020 mics

Subject: Re: noisy 8020 mics
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 am ((PDT))
"Others might like to chime in on what mics they have found to be 100%
> reliable."

Beyerdynamic TGX80's - 3.2mV/PA and Dynamic, -123 dBV, self noise estimated=
 at 21dB but sounds lower due to the presence boost of nearly 8dB, so I'd s=
tick my neck out and call them closer to 14dB - since they sound much quiet=
er than the Primo capsules which is why I use them as my permanent outdoor =
rig. Hence fine for static rigs, wind handling is a problem unless using tw=
o blimps.

They are Hypercardioid rather than Omni.

Note 3.2 mV/PA rather than the typical 1.6 going on 2 mV/PA of most dynamic=
s.

-Mike.
TGX80 was replaced with the TGV90

--- In  Munir kureshi <> w=
rote:

> Hi Vicki,
>
> Thank you for your input on 8000 series. You have provided very valuable =
information. If somebody from the forum can suggest other mics would be gre=
at.