Re: A little bit of Thunder.

Subject: Re: A little bit of Thunder.
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Sun Sep 4, 2011 3:44 pm ((PDT))
correct regarding the roll off.

I was exploring a latter used "stereo 180" mic configuration and the hyperc=
ardioid dynamics were outside when the storm came. Although they were in an=
 AB setup at that time.

Off topic / not nature - given a tilted EQ theres plenty of low end to play=
 with.
http://urlme.net/audio/TGX80sClankyDiesel.flac

BR
Mike.

--- In  Russell Dawkins <> wro=
te:

> Curious as to your choice of a vocal mic to record thunder. I hear basica=
lly no bass - but this should be no surprise, as vocal mics typically roll =
off steeply below 200Hz as they have to, to compensate for proximity effect=
, so they sound more or less right when the screen is touching the lips of =
the singer.