Return of the ticking clock...

Subject: Return of the ticking clock...
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Fri Sep 2, 2011 12:00 pm ((PDT))
Engineering / "Gear talk"

I recently purchased a pair of dynamic mics with the intention of fitting them
to a pair of custom made ears. - my findings with regard to the latest (Primo),
greatest (Shure 183) and handy (Internal) electret mics vs the dynamics are
rather interesting and puzzling at the same time given the sensitivity and self
noise differences of the mic capsules.

The following recording was made using the Sony D50 (EIN -126dBu) set to max
gain.

In the order of appearance quoting the self noise in brackets.