Re: Looking for some frog IDs

Subject: Re: Looking for some frog IDs
From: "Gene Dorcas" genedorcas
Date: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:37 pm ((PDT))
Here's the IDs from my son who is a professor of biology and has written
several books about frogs. They are close to matching up with  the list fro=
Kevin.

Sorry took so long - just lots going on.  I tried to list dominate species
first in each clip:

Frogs Blackwater A - Hyla chrysoscelis (Cope's gray treefrogs); Cricket
frogs, probably southern southern cricket frogs (Acris gryllus); Hyla
cinerea (green treefrogs); some birds

Frogs Blackwater B - Cricket frogs, probably southern southern cricket frog=
(Acris gryllus); Hyla chrysoscelis (Cope's gray treefrogs)

Frogs Florida A - Hyla cinerea (green treefrogs); Cricket frogs, probably
southern southern cricket frogs (Acris gryllus); pig frog (Rana grylio);
insects

Frogs Florida B - Cricket frogs, probably southern southern cricket frogs
(Acris gryllus); pig frog (Rana grylio);

Frogs Florida C - Pig frogs (Rana grylio); insects; Cricket frogs, probably
southern southern cricket frogs (Acris gryllus);

Frogs Illinois -Cricket frogs, probably northern cricket frogs (Acris
crepitans) if from Illinois;

Frogs Louisiana - bullfrogs (Rana catesbeiana); Cricket frogs, probably
southern southern cricket frogs (Acris gryllus); green frog (Rana clamitans=
)

Frogs South Carolina A - Hyla cinerea (green treefrogs); southern toads
(Bufo terrestris)

Frogs South Carolina B -  Hyla chrysoscelis (Cope's gray treefrogs);
squirrel treefrogs (Hyla squirella);

Michael E. Dorcas, Ph.D.

Professor of Biology

Department of Biology

Davidson College

Re: Looking for some frog IDs

Hi Danny,
I replied to your email but my reply got lost.  I'll try again, here are my
guesses for your frogs and toad: