Re: Looking for some frog IDs

Subject: Re: Looking for some frog IDs
From: "Jim Morgan" fundador_four
Date: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am ((PDT))
Here are pictures and sounds from "Frogs and Toads in Color and Sound"

http://www.naturesound.com/frogs/frogs.html

Jim Morgan
Prescott, AZ

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Corning Pat <> wrote:

> You probably know this already, but the CD with the Lang Elliott, Carl Ge=
rhardt, Carlos Davidson book "The Frogs and Toads of North America" is a gr=
eat resource. It is comprehensive in its US coverage.

> I live in the UK and am no expert on US frog calls, but have recorded fro=
gs a couple times this year at ponds on my sister's property in southern In=
diana. I've found that if I narrow things down by researching what species =
are likely to be present in the area and calling at the given time of year,=
 then it simplifies things quite dramatically. (For Indiana, I found a grea=
t little PDF on the web from the Indiana Amphibian Monitoring Program, with=
 range and calling-season information.) With a short list, I've been able t=
o figure the rest out from the CD recordings with reasonable confidence, de=
spite my lack of expertise.

> Regards,
>
> Kin
>
> --- In  "dannymeltzer" <=
> wrote:
> >
> > Thought I'd ask one more time in case someone who can help missed this =
before. Thanks.

> > --- In  "Danny" <dannymeltzer@> wrote:
> > >
> > > If anyone has a couple of minutes to ID these frogs for me I'd really=
 appreciate it. Some of them are the same. Please write me off list. Thanks=
.