Re: Avisoft program to obtain acoustic parameters from many files?

Subject: Re: Avisoft program to obtain acoustic parameters from many files?
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:56 pm ((PDT))
<I'm a new member- I hail from the University of Michigan where I've just s=
tarted a Psychology PhD program. For my first-year project, I am helping to=
 analyze monkey vocalizations. I am having some trouble with Avisoft SASLab=
 Pro. I have ~1000 .wav files that I need some simple acoustic parameters f=
rom (e.g. duration, frequency range, peak frequency), and haven't been able=
 to figure out how to get these out of Avisoft easily, such as with a batch=
 process. We have used LMA previously to do this, but due to some current c=
ircumstances, we may no longer be able to use this program.

Is anyone highly knowledgeable about Avisoft?>

Hi Morgan,

You first need to configure the desired parameter measurements from the spe=
ctrogram window menu "Tools"/"Automatic parameter measurements" based on on=
e of your files. Once both the detection of the vocalizations and the measu=
rements work correctly, you could apply these measurements to batch of file=
s by using the main window command "Tools"/"Batch processing" > "Automatic =
parameter measurements". The measurement results can be transferred to Exce=
l ("Enable Dynamic Data Exchange") and/or saved into a log file (Write meas=
urement values into log file").

Please contact me off-list (support <at> avisoft.com) if you have any furth=
er questions.

Regards,
Raimund

Avisoft Bioacoustics