Re: Anthrophony in "nature" soundscapes

Subject: Re: Anthrophony in "nature" soundscapes
From: "Mark Brennan" markbrennanfinear=
Date: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:08 pm ((PDT))

What a great question. I record to attempt to express how I feel when I am=

nature, I want the listener to feel that too. I want them to feel the magic=
, the
moment, take them there and perhaps motivate them to think about our place=

in=C2=A0nature and what it means to us. I try to find quiet places and was=

quite=C2=A0'pure' in the beginning, but now I do edit out distant drones to=
 the best
of my ability. I want to wake people up... drag them out of the slumber of =
their
lives lived in the mall and 'plastic' experiences, its an uphill battle
though.=C2=A0But something I am passionate about. The sounds we record are=

expressions from other living things, they are creating an art form, I thin=
there's an art form in recording, finding the sweet spot etc, everything we=

'decide' to do in the field or not has influence in the soundscape we recor=
d.

Mark

=C2=A0
Mark A. Brennan
Canadian Landscape Painter - web
Nature Recordist - web
Follow me on:
twitter=C2=A0 facebook=C2=A0 soundcloud=C2=A0 bandcamp