Re: The story so far... (what next?)

Subject: Re: The story so far... (what next?)
From: "zackman_87" zackman_87
Date: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:56 am ((PDT))
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. There's no risk of overhead planes out there, but the=
re is a highway a couple of km away that could prove problematic. I haven't=
 heard the ATs or Telinga mics - how would you describe the characteristics=
 of them (e.g. wide, thin, harsh, dark, etc.)? In what situations do you pr=
efer one over the other?

Thanks again,

Z.G.

--- In  Mark Brennan <=
..> wrote:

> Hi=C2=A0Zack, welcome to the group. I don't think you can go wrong with t=
hat setup to
> start with (fostex fr2le with 2x AT4022 mics) - its what I use right now.=
 I also
> have the zoom H4N with telinga clip ons. The only real advice I can give =
is make
> sure if at all possible you find some really quiet areas, take the time t=
o get
> the mics in the right spot...get up at really odd times in the morning -=

> especially on a Sunday=C2=A0and don't get too mad when the planes go over=
! You could
> build a homemade array for the mics, which=C2=A0I think if you just searc=
h the forum
> under 'SASS array' - you should find something.=C2=A0A drawback with the =
FR2LE is