Re: Using an ME66

Subject: Re: Using an ME66
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 am ((PDT))
> > And on the recorder, should I have the sensitivity low with a high
> > volume setting, or high with a lower setting?

Hi Peter,

I recently compared the HI and LOW settings of the SONY PCM-M10 and found no
significant differences in the noise performance (at the SENSE HI setting I set
the REC level to 4.5, which provides the same clipping  level (gain) as SENSE
LO and 10).

In conjunction with the K6/ME66 I would generally recommend the SENSE LOW
setting because it's noise floor of -119 dBu would still safely mask the -108
dBu noise floor of the K6/ME66. This lower gain would then provide a higher
clipping level, which is useful for managing  unexpected loud sound events.

Regards,
Raimund

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional