Re: 50th Aniversary of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

Subject: Re: 50th Aniversary of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
From: "Jim Morgan" fundador_four
Date: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm ((PDT))
Thanks Martyn and happy 50'th!!!

Jim

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Martyn Stewart <> wrot=
e:
> http://naturesound.org/?p=3D520
>
> I would like to introduce Arctic Live to you all and join in the 50th Ann=
iversary of this pristine environment.

> https://www.facebook.com/ArcticLive?ref=3Dts
>
> The Arctic national wildlife refuge is 50 years old=D0=95=D0=95
> As a kid I always wanted to go to the Arctic national wildlife refuge but=
 growing up in the UK I believed this was highly doubtful at my tender age =
of 8 years old.
> To see a polar bear or a wolf was a dream for me. I would see natural his=
tory programs on TV featuring this amazing place and it jettisoned me off t=
o this wilderness.
> Many years on it became reality and after visiting this majestic place 5 =
times, I cannot get enough of it.

> Martyn Stewart on ANWR
> Each year though there is a threat to its very existence and that threat =
is from man and his addiction to oil.
> For many years ANWR( as it has become known ) is the subject of oil drill=
ing, certain people want to see this amazing place opened up for oil.
> For over 50 years activists and conservationists have fought off these th=
reats, many by the skin of their teeth.
> Even if you never visit this pristine wilderness in your lifetime, You ne=
ed to know that we can at least protect at least one place on this planet, =
If not for you, then your children and their kids.
> Extinction is for ever
> Please visit www.arcticlive.com for details on this 50th anniversary.
> You can also follow links to facebook and twitter from there.
> https://www.facebook.com/ArcticLive
> Get involved and revel in this amazing place.
> Happy Birthday Arctic national wildlife refuge=D0=95.
> Recorded sounds of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from the Kongakut =
River, Canning Delta, Sunset Pass and Beaufort Lagoon.