Re: Microphone (stereo) test, what do you think?

Subject: Re: Microphone (stereo) test, what do you think?
From: "NordicNature" nordicsounds
Date: Tue Jun 7, 2011 11:15 am ((PDT))
Thanks for listening.
The closeup recording is like you say more or less a specimen recording, bu=
t it's nice to have the background in stereo even if the close up bird soun=
ds like it's mono.
Yes it's interesting to test some different techniques.
I had this (and other) test in my mind before buying the telinga universal.
My primary idea was to use AT4022 mono in the telinga and BP4025 stereo mic=
 by itself adn then mix those recordings together to get both ambient and a=
 bit of focus on one of the birds/animals.
Since I have a lot of photographic equipment to lug around I wanted a simpl=
e soluting to recording nature. It's kind of difficult to handle both a tel=
inga and a camera at the same time though...

I have tried to set the microphone in focus with help of my ears and the me=
ter on the recorder. I had some white noise coming out of one of the speake=
rs and the telinga on a tripod. I don't know if it's optimal.
While pushing the microphon back and forward to find the right spot, While =
doing so i thougt that the sound was more "soft" when not in focus, so that=
 migh be more preferable. I have to try it in an enviroment outdoors with r=
eal sounds to see what it sounds like.
Maybe if I push it more forward, out of the dish, I might get more ambient =
sound?

For those that don't know how this microphone looks and how the membranes a=
re positioned, I have added images to the first three sounds on my profile =
Just click on the thumbnail to see how it looks. soundcloud.com/nordicnatur=

So you first cut everything above 1kHz and then speeded it up 16x. How did =
you speed it up? So, It must be something that have a sound below 1kHz then=
 from start, but now when listening it has a higher pitch?
I have listened but I have no idea... In one recording it sounds like a mic=
e and there are some deep "knocking" going on...
In the other recording, do you mean the three sounds in the beginning or do=
 you mean the crisp sounds in the background?