Re: Is it clamater glandarius and pico viridis or not, please help i

Subject: Re: Is it clamater glandarius and pico viridis or not, please help i
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sat Jun 4, 2011 9:32 am ((PDT))
Hello Jose,

I think it is interesting using a M/S combo in a parabol. Some 20
years ago there was an article published in the British trust for
Ornithology magazine, but no follow up that I know of.

With your big parabol, you probably have amplification from some
250-350 Hz, a wavelength of about 100 mm, which means that all the
membranes of the combo will be affected by the parabol at low
frequencies, while high frequencies only will affect the cardioid, as
the focus becomes smaller and smaller vs. freq.
Another matter is that both sides of the cardioid will be in focus,
also at high frequencies,  cancelling each other and lowering the
sensitivity of the cardioid, which probably explains the "far away" Chaffin=
ch.

I would really like to hear a 1 min soundscape recording with your
parabol and then that you removed the parabol and shot another 1 min.

Would there be a big difference? Which?

Klas

At 11:38 2011-06-04, you wrote:
>Hello Klas,
>The ms mics are one above the other coincident, 1,5cm and the
>parabora is 65cmm in diameter and 15cm focal lenght, focal ratio is 0,25.
>Thank you for your explanation, I think the bidirectional picks up
>more sound than the cardioid.
>Best regards,
>Jos=E9 Freitas
>
>--- In  Klas Strandberg <> wro=