can you ID this underwater sound?

Subject: can you ID this underwater sound?
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Wed Jun 1, 2011 11:43 pm ((PDT))
Can anyone help me out with ID for this mystery critter, something
small and unseen, on the stony bottom of a running stream near my
home in NSW, Australia.

It was recorded with a hydrophone and Olympus LS10, August 2010.

Here is the soundcloud link, and about 2 MB mono FLAC file:  http://
soundcloud.com/vicki-1/underwater-critter-140810

thanks,

Vicki Powys
Australia