5. Re: Olympus LS-11

Subject: 5. Re: Olympus LS-11
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sun May 15, 2011 6:23 pm ((PDT))
Lily, it sounded 30 meters away for my ears as well! The sound was
all over the place. This happens mostly when there is an inversion,
like this morning, when temperature raises with elevation to a
certain height, smoke from chimneys go horizontal and the fog raises
from the ground. That is the time when sound is reflected by the
inversion and the atmosphere "echoes".

The design used on the fourwheeler recording performs better like
"ears" than any other design I have ever used.

Klas