Re: Finally, a Bat sonogram

Subject: Re: Finally, a Bat sonogram
From: "ndbdxr" ndbdxr
Date: Fri May 6, 2011 8:40 am ((PDT))
Hi Gianni,

Hmmm...I don't know. I checked it a few times, and it was a bat fly-by. I k=
eep another detector/recorder set-up at another window. And, I was holding =
one when the bat flew by.
The bat was barely visible - Which is a good testament to the range of the =
Ultramic.
By far, my favorite "benchmark" of performance for a detector, has always b=
een: How FAR can a bat be picked up?

I ran over, and stopped the Seawave recording on the laptop - And that's ho=
w I knew I got one, finally! I know I have more, but it's just taking time =
to go through all my Seawave recordings.
I see what you mean, though. I also expected the waveform to be around the =
40kHz area. But, the question (that I haven't answered yet) is: What kind o=
f bat was it?  : ) It may very well have been a Big Brown Bat (Eptesicus fu=
scus), 25-51 kHz.

More sonograms will be added, as I Snapshot them. In fact, eventually, my '=
Al's' Folder will be filled with sonograms, from different devices & softwa=
re. And, you Folks can then comment on which sonograms you like best.

I've been recording bats & keeping notes, etc. from ~ 2006. But, the most e=
xciting recordings and sonograms are yet to come.

Cheers,
-Al