Re: The song of the Pacific Wren (Winter wren) Soundfield mic ST450

Subject: Re: The song of the Pacific Wren (Winter wren) Soundfield mic ST450
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Mon May 2, 2011 2:59 pm ((PDT))
>> The quality, space and flexibility of the B format signal is awesome and=
 beats anything I have ever heard. I think it=82s all to do with the absenc=
e of any phase errors which any spaced capsule system suffers from.

> But that's a trade-off. In exchange for the remixing flexibility, coincid=
ent techniques lack the timing information that contributes to realistic sp=
atiality, especially for headphone listeners. What you call "errors" I call=
 "dimensionality."

> -Dan

Practically everything is a trade off, But this B format is not meant to be=
 listened to with headphones. I subscribe to what you say though about dime=
nsion....

Martyn
Martyn Stewart
www.naturesound.org