Re: Archival quality DVD burners

Subject: Re: Archival quality DVD burners
From: "Danny" dannymeltzer
Date: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:56 am ((PDT))
I do not purport to be an expert in burner engineering, but I believe that =
if we're referring to the burning of data files, the difference in burner i=
s not very meaningful to the final outcome.  I would be more concerned with=
 the media itself for archival longevity.  I use Taiyo Yuden media which ha=
s served me well and seems to come up with very low error rates when used w=
ith any number of burners, but I am sure there are other good media brands =
out there as well.

--- In  "Paul Dickinson" <> wrote=
:

> I know this issue has been covered here before, but the previously prefer=
red model (Pioneer DVR-A04) has long been discontinued.