[Nature Recordists] Olympus LS-11

Subject: [Nature Recordists] Olympus LS-11
From: kiran srivastava <>
Hello All,

After much research and advice from knowledgeable sound recordists I too ha=
bought the Olympus LS-11. Good luck with yours, Brian!

However, I am still struggling to find (or design) a suitable damage-proof,
lightweight, portable case that fits into my backpack. I need to protect th=
Sennheiser ME66/K6 microphone fitted to a pistol grip as one piece so all I
have to do is plug the cable to the LS-11 recorder and I am ready.
Presently, I am carrying individual components and assemble them when I
begin birding. Also, I find keeping the Sennheiser headphones round my neck
when using binoculars rather cumbersome. The two cables tend to get
entangled and I almost tripped once. As the headphone is large and take up
quite a bit of space I left them behind on a couple of occasions.

Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mubai, INDIA

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Brian Burnett <>wr=
ote: