Re: EMU TrackerPre

Subject: Re: EMU TrackerPre
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:41 am ((PDT))
Hi Raimund,
                  I think its more that the device driver may of been devel=
oped for the then larger market. EMU have actually released the source for =
the OS X Driver.

If you are able to secure an OEM license for Windows, maybe deploying a bun=
dled vmware player for your software? Certainly there are many virtualisati=
on platforms e.g virtual box (free) and vmware player. -nearly all of the a=
coustic test applications I use via the standard wdm driver - rather than a=
sio at least in wine.

BR
Mike.

--- In  "Raimund" <> wrot=
e:

> > The Trackerpre (EM8730) in Mac OS X will only reach 96 kHz sample rate.=

> > 192Khz is not available.
> > Linux support is abysmal
>
> That's interesting Mike. So, it seems that Windows is obviously not that =
bad...

> I occasionally receive inquiries from customers who are interested in run=
ning the Avisoft software on Linux. While it is possible to run Windows sof=
tware that is protected by a USB dongle using something like Parallels Desk=
top on a Mac, do you know of any similar solution for Linux?