hello everyone

Subject: hello everyone
From: "dug" dugwinningham
Date: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:29 am ((PDT))
i just joined this remarkable group, and the moderator suggests a simple in=
troduction, so...

hello. my name is Dug Winningham. i'm a freelance sound designer / field re=
cordist / editor based in NYC. i have a company here called soundwalk, we a=
re a sound collective of like-minded artists who record and perform field r=
ecordings, mostly on hand-cut vinyl records these days. my other gig is fea=
ture film work mostly on the west coast at skywalker sound.

my primary interest has shifted over the years from filmsound recording, to=
 more documentary style recording for use is sound collage and performance.=
 i've been recording cities for over 10 years and am gradually making my wa=
y to the natural world more and more. i hope to learn from all of you, this=
 group looks to be a fine bunch of sound artists/professionals sharing know=
ledge, i am glad to be a part of such an endeavor.

peace,

- Dug Winningham