Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: Upgrade from Fostex FR2LE

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: Upgrade from Fostex FR2LE
From: Fred Fiedler <>
Hi Greg.

Could you please elaborate a bit on:

"I generally use an outboard pair of ECM-172/173
mics that I can wear on my hat, attach to a foam sphere, etc. The stereo
image
is then much improved. The next step is to build a lightweight boundary
array
using said mic capsules and run that into the mic input of the M10."

I do not understand about that " lightweight boundary array using said mic
capsules."=A0 Is that boundary array attached to the PCM-M10 itself ?=A0 Or=
 is
it a boundary setup on the outboard pair of ECM-172/173 mics that you wear
on your hat?=A0 If this is related to the setup on your head could you
describe that a bit?

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Gregory O'Drobinak <