Two pigeons

Subject: Two pigeons
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm ((PST))
I had my recorder running in the bedoom overnight and was lying in bed
listening to the dawn chorus down in the woods when this happened. I
thought perhaps a fox had grabbed a wood pigeon so I pulled on some
clothes and went down to see. There were a few wood pigeon feathers
scattered around but no serious dismanting by a fox.

http://www.stowford.org/sounds/dr000999twopigeons.mp3

Listening to the recording, you can clearly hear two birds fly off and
I think they had decided to do their best work right in front of the
mics. I've seen pigeons pecking around at that spot when I had an
automatic camera there. There had been a lot of cooing before. The
mics were on the ground and in a previous bit before the cut, they hit
one of the mics.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce