4. Re: Replacement for my Remembird

Subject: 4. Re: Replacement for my Remembird
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:17 am ((PST))
> The noise was present in 150ohm terminated full gain recordings of preamp=
 noise.  The Oade modded HDP2 used for this recording had +6dB gain above t=
hat of  the stock unit.  There are noise traces visible in sonograms at aro=
und 10 and 14khz which are only just visible in the EIN tests on the stock =
HDP2, hence my suspicion that the Oade mod is uncovering what was previousl=
y hidden in the preamp noise floor.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the explanation. That would indeed make sense. I initially thoug=
ht that you meant the "strange undulating LF ghost", which Roger Norwood ju=
st menioned and which I also noticed. I guess however that the 10 and 14 kH=
z clock interferences are almost inaudible.

Cheers,
Raimund