Pro Walkman (was Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: Lyrebird)

Subject: Pro Walkman (was Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: Lyrebird)
From: "jtudor2005" jtudor2005
Date: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:22 pm ((PST))

--- In  Paul Jacobson <> wrote:

> On 21/12/2010, at 1:25 PM, Avocet wrote:
>
> > I've got a CD of Dame Nelly Melba of sauce fame recorded acoustically.
>
> Funnily enough Nellie Melba's "cottage" at Coldstream  is only about 15
> minutes drive from  Healesville Sanctuary where the Attenborough  "motor
> drive camera" Lyrebird was filmed.   A small world n'est-ce pas?

Paul

Talking Heads that is repeating on ABC2 at 5:30am Thursday (SA Time) is Jim
Frazier. If I remember this story from previously, Jim invented a lens system
that allows for small objects in the foreground to be in focus AND the distant
background remains in focus too. And if I remember, apparently stolen by
Panavision later. Jim did a lot of work on Attenborough's documentaries.

It's well worth watching (or at least recording i you don't want to get up in
the wee hours....)

John